Wednesday 11 September 2013

Back again?

I am indeed!
I actually stumbled across my blog on the interwebs after noticing that my friend Claire has started a blog. Can't believe the last time I posted was last February!

Let me tell you, a lot has changed.

LILY

Lily is almost 20 months old, 20 MONTHS OLD! Oh my goodness me, where does the time go? Seems like only yesterday that she was a teeny baby the length of my forearm, but in reality the days of plenty of baby sick, night feeds, explosive breast-fed poos and cluster feeding are behind us.
She is quite a big girl, I am not one to follow her centiles, but she does have long skinny legs which look even funnier when she wears a big cloth nappy!
Lily has almost a whole set of baby teeth now, I just can't tell if she is getting her rear molars as I daren't stick my finger in there. Rob tried and suffered for it.
She has started jumping (not just like jumping off the sofa, but off the ground feet together) and is really into her imaginative play. She likes to make me cups of tea, which I must sip dutifully when they are pushed into my face :)
She is currently rocking the mullet hair do, it is getting a bit long at the back, but still short at the front, but it is a lovely golden syrup colour.
Playing with some squishy playdough today :)

LIFE

We are still living in the lovely county of Oxfordshire, not far from the "Chipping Norton Set", but I have only seen Jeremy Clarkson once.
As much as I like it, I feel SO landlocked. Oxfordshire borders 5 other counties, and we are nowhere near the sea. I spent 3 years in Brighton, and truly miss the sea air, pier, gulls (they are a bit annoying though). 
I am attempting to try to find Rob jobs in the South. Although Oxfordshire is classified under 'London and the Southeast'!

LOVE

Rob and I got married on the 3rd of November in 2012, which was a great year for big events, including the birth of Lily.
Despite my previous ramblings about inviting family you don't really see...well, in order to keep the peace and prevent grandma's faking heart attacks (no joke) we had to invite everyone. We insisted on missing out my mum's brother for various, well-justifed reasons which resulted in my Grandma wearing "dull" occasionwear in protest. We did not notice.
Some family guests will NOT be invited to future family events of our own as they make no effort to get in touch even if we try, and if they think they can insult the mother of the groom to the mother of the bride at the wedding breakfast, they can jolly well jog on.
You may be able to tell that this still riles me. But alas you cannot choose your family.
Aside from the above the wedding was amazing and I want to do it all over again (but differently, i.e. guests). We were married in the heart of the Cotswolds and the day after had a snow flurry which was really picturesque.
 
 Lily was 10 months old at our wedding and showed off some crawling moves and hid under my dress.
:)

No comments:

Post a Comment