Wednesday 11 September 2013

RIP Spotty and other ramblings

I started writing that last post on my laptop and I knew it was running low on battery, but chanced it. So it ended up being published a few days later :) Silly me!

Today has felt like a long day. We went for a long walk via Tescos and had a nosy around Next for an overdoor hanger. I can't seem to find one I like, they only had diamond glass style decorated ones which are not my taste at all...
I'd like something that maybe has a shabby-chic look to it, perhaps cream... Oh I don't know. If it was up to Rob he'd probably just throw towels around!

Lily adored the rabbits in Pets at Home, she finds them hilarious and had a proper belly-laugh going on much to the bemusements of the pent up bun-buns. She also noticed a baby pigeon that had decided to have a little rest outside Next, and she gave it one her best stern stares.

Rob has been complaining about having a tickly cough, so I quickly baked a quartered onion with a drizzle of honey for 30 mins at 200degC. You can eat the baked onion if you want, it will be a bit sweet but the syrup has antiseptic and antibacterial properties thanks to the honey and it is rather soothing.
Since the honey is cooked, there isn't any worry about Botulism, but perhaps only give it to those over the age of 1.

I'm currently experimenting with maize meal, so if the muffins I just made are successful you will see a recipe on my Youtube channel: sophclare30989.

Random Fact of the Day ~
In random news, my old supervisor from Uni has declared that he had to put down his son's pet goldfish in red wine due to a possible case of Tuberculosis marinum which is a nasty pathogen present in 40% of fish tanks which can be transmitted from fish-to-human. So if you have a fishtank make sure you wash your hands thoroughly after touching it and definitely use gloves whilst cleaning it!

 

No comments:

Post a Comment