Thursday 31 October 2013

Homemade play dough, false lashes and happy days!

I was pretty poorly last night so today was a bit of a write off. We didn't go out, we just had a lazy day in drawing and playing with play dough. I made this play dough simply ages ago, July I think. After a quick squish together any salt crystals were disturbed and it was pretty malleable. 
I think I will make another batch with the tangerine food colour gel which I have been using for the Halloween cookies. 
Here is a link to the food colour. I highly recommend it just based on the intensity of colour it produces. I will have to try it with macarons soon.
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Sugarflair-Spectral-Concentrated-Paste-Colour/dp/B005FGR92G

If you fancy making home made play dough yourself, it is pretty simple and as I have discovered it lasts for ages when stored correctly ( I used a purple ikea food bag). 
This is the recipe I used from a fab blog: 
http://www.thefabulousmomsguide.com/2012/05/how-to-make-play-dough-play-doh-3/

Here is Lily making her daddy play dough cookies :)


No dressing up for us this October 31st. We essentially had our Halloween do yesterday with friends. Lily dressed up as Princess Leia, a costume she was given as a christening present last July from her uncle. He thought he had the baby size but ended up being sent the toddler size, which was perfect for her costume this year.
I was a bit boring and just wore a lot of black and purple with a black cobweb style scarf. I wore a lot of pink,purple and charcoal eyeshadow with purple corner false lashes. I managed to stick them on quite well despite it being my first try ever and not having any tweezers to hand.

 The lashes were pretty flicky and kept brushing my eyebrows! Rob liked the look, but I reverted to usual makeup before ballet (which due to illness I missed :( )
Lily was not impressed when I plonked the Leia wig/hat on her head. For the most part she looked more like Luke Skywalker :)

In other (exciting and relieving) news...
I did plenty of PC testing this morning and essentially the device drivers are all hunky dory which despite being good news did not highlight why the USB ports won't recognise my camcorder.
I stuck in my USB cord which charges my creative zen MP3 player and checked that it worked and it did. So I thought, wait a minute if that cord fits my camcorder then it may just work.
Alleluia! It does and now I can happily continue my future vlogging plans without feeling downcast that they will never come to fruition. Fingers crossed it stays this way. Bit of a worrying few days for both me and Rob, phew!

No comments:

Post a Comment