Friday 1 November 2013

Blogvember day 1: Nails of the Day

Vlogtober has finished. I thoroughly enjoyed it as my first video every day experience. I didn't find it a problem, luckily my uploading speed is quick due to some jolly good internet around here. Although as you know I had a scare towards the final days of Vlogtober regarding the seemingly imminent death of Rob's PC.

Pinch, punch, first day of the month anyway!

I have decided to do blogvember for the month of November. I actually can't believe it is November already. Next month we will be going to the States, so excited!

Nails of the Day (NOTD)



Lately I have been wearing just models own in champagne. It is a gorgeous colour, metallic, reflects different colours, definitely represents champagne well but if you add a pink undercoat you could get a rose gold effect. But I'd classify this as more of a white gold. And as soon as I tried it I fell in love with it.


I did not even want to take it off, so after a top up I decided to go over the top with Rimmel London 60 Seconds in 600 Deliciously Dark. This is a very very deep dark plum colour. Very autumnal, bordering on gothic. One coat allows the light through it so you can see the red pigments, whilst more coats will deepen the colour and it will appear exceedingly dark with a hint of plum if you scrutinise your nails. I do find that dark nail polishes such as this can stain your nails especially the longer you wear the colour and the colour tends to sink in around the cuticles which is a bit of a nightmare to remove.


The Xpress flat brush is quite wide and excellent for providing as much nail coverage in one stroke. This is exactly how I applied it over my nails already sporting the metallic base coat.

As you can see the champagne colour is peeking out around the cuticle perimeter of the nail. I love the combination of the colours,the metallic base adds a touch of light to a very very dark shade.


Quite experiemental but I love the effect and I will try this look again using a different dark autumnal top coat. But not all of my nail polishes feature such a handy brush as the Rimmel Xpress flat brush, so I may not be able to achieve a one stroke effect and I dislike nail polish lines where you can see you have overlapped.


This style of nail polish application can also give the illusion of neater nails, slimmer and longer with a great shape, which is a bonus of course.

The Models Own and Rimmel London 60 Seconds nail polishes retail at £5.00 and £3.69 respectively.


No comments:

Post a Comment