Saturday 2 November 2013

Blogvember day 2: Brighton up!

 It is our wedding anniversary weekend, and Rob and I are heading to Brighton, which is where we met.
The weather isn't going to be so great I've heard but the lights on the prom and the pier will liven the familiar atmosphere up.
In the mean time I want to brighten my skin up. Brighten/Brighton. See what I did there? 
I haven't been feeling my best lately and my skin is reflecting this. When I feel sluggish, my skin can break out and just lose any form of vitality.

So I have applied a light layer of Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Mask.

It comes in a diddy little thick cardboard box with a matte texture, which could well be produced from recycled materials.
The tube I own holds 16ml, which I think is a bit on the small side, but I ensure I only use as much as I need.


What I love about Korres is that they produce only natural products, or at least try to stuff their products choc a bloc with natural products known for their skin benefits.
They emphasise this point by featuring a hefty list of typical cosmetic ingredients which they don't use and this takes up at least half a side of the packaging. They really intend to mean business here, no beating around the bush. Amongst other ingredients, it contains shea butter, avocado oil and of course rose oil. 


The Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Mask is packaged in a tube I would liken to a travel size toothpaste tube. It feels quite clinical in that way, perhaps as a botanical and natural products company that is the look they are aiming for with this style of packaging.



The mask itself is pure white and lacks the consistency of a conventional clay based mask. It resembles a light moisturiser in texture and spreads well onto the skin.
The amount squeezed from the tube in the photo below is the amount I generally use to apply to my forehead and the same amount again to apply to both of my cheeks. If I used this mask all over my skin regularly I would run out in a matter of weeks. So I focus on the parts of my skin which would usually have a natural brightness, especially the delicate under eye skin merging with my cheeks.


As you may be able to tell from the photo below, the applied mask/cream doesn't sit as an even layer on your skin, when you apply it it seems as if some is absorbed into the skin. I leave it on five minutes longer than the recommended time, for a total of 20 minutes.


I aim to use this mask in the morning time before I apply makeup. But as I leave it on for 20 minutes this cannot be a regular part of my skin care routine since my mornings are busy being a mum of a toddler. It is a treatment which I enjoy using once every couple of months or when I feel I would benefit from it.
I definitely see a difference as to how my make up sits on my skin throughout the day and my facial skincare products seem to absorb easier too. I usually see a marked difference in the brightness of my skin especially the day after application, however the most instant difference is the glow and softness my skin has after I wash the product off.

Korres Wild Rose Instant Brightening Mask can be purchased online, for example, at feel unique for £7.00


1 comment:

  1. Happy Anniversary to you both. Have a wonderful day xx

    ReplyDelete